All images from That Little Shop.
I spotted these amazing neon crochet baskets a few weeks ago, and I new I just had to make my own.
I decided to make a smaller and simpler version, using normal string and some colourful wool. I battled to find a simple crochet basket pattern to suit my limited stitch vocabulary, but I eventually managed to put together a pattern based on a few others. I think they turned out quite nicely.
What you’ll need:
- string/twine (from any craft shop or hardware store)
- crochet hook (I used a 5mm)
- wool in contrasting colour (I used double knit, you just need to make sure that your wool and string have more or less the same thickness)
- basic crochet skills (chain, slip stitch, single crochet, double crochet)
ch – chain
sl st- slip stitch
sc- single crochet
dc- double crochet
- ch 5, join with sl st to form ring.
- ch 3, 11 dc into ring, join with sl st into 3rd ch of first stitch (12 dc in total)
- ch 3, 2 dc into each stitch, join with sl st into 3rd ch of first stitch (24 dc in total)
- ch3, *2 dc into first stitch, 1 dc into next stitch*, repeat around, join with sl st into 3rd ch of first stitch (36 dc in total)
- ch3, *2 dc into first stitch, 1 dc into next stitch, 1 dc into next stitch*, repeat around, join with sl st into 3rd ch of first stitch (48 dc in total). If you want a basket with a larger diameter, you can continue in this fashion until desired (ie increase the number of single dc stitches with each round)
- sc into back loop of each stitch of the previous round. This will form the bottom edge of the basket.
- Complete the side of the basket with either one sc or one dc into each stitch of the previous row, until sides have the desired height. Swop to coloured wool to create stripes, or a top edge.
- Finish off with a row of sc.
I hope that all makes sense! These little baskets are perfect to store little things around the home, but you can make them as big as you like.
I’m super excited to announce a fabulous giveaway from Kosbaar!
You may remember that I featured the lovely Kosbaar products a couple of weeks ago. This week you have the opportunity to win two Kosbaar products of your choice! Here’s what you need to do:
- “Like” the Thingsdeeloves and Kosbaar Facebook pages.
- Visit the Kosbaar store on the Hello Pretty page, and tell me in the comments below which two products you’d like to win (excluding Teddy Bears).
- For an extra entry, tweet the following: I’ve entered to win with @shopkosbaar and @thingsdeeloves!
- For another extra entry, share this page on Facebook (use the button at the bottom of this post).
That’s it, easy peasy!
Entries will close at 12 noon this Friday (23 August). Unfortunately we can’t accept entries from outside South Africa.
Here’s a glimpse of some of the products you can choose!